- Some really good lines there ("He shoulda armed himself if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend").
- Boy howdy is it a cynical picture of humanity. Or maybe just how humans get when there's no rule of law, to put the most positive spin on it that I can. Plus, the people killed, beaten and injured get theirs almost wholly irrespective of how much they deserve it - luck is the rule here.
- Sure is some pretty cinematography.
- Eastwood, Freeman, and Hackman are fantastic here.
- Certainly one of the great westerns.
23 September 2007
It's hard to say much about a film you have watched this many times (this must have been the fifth or sixth). I'm going to bullet point the key things.